Job Title: Buyer
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Location: SOS Head office in Tutbury, Staffordshire
Specialised Orthotic Services Ltd (SOS) is one of the UKs leading companies in the provision of special seating, mobility and positioning products. Established in 1980, SOS have worked with NHS Wheelchair Services and Community therapists for 38 years. We are a UK based manufacturer with facilities in Tutbury, Staffordshire.
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Makes sure the company maintains an adequate supply of necessary materials. Organises materials and helps in negotiating the best price. Helps to manage overall inventory.
- Keeps up to date on the company’s needs in order to order supplies when they are necessary.
- Performs comparison shopping and negotiations to secure lower prices on materials the company needs.
- Seeks out high-quality products that will help the company operate smoothly and reach its’ goals.
- Maintains any necessary computer systems accurately and in a timely manner.
- Operates as a key member of the Operations team.
- Prepares reports and communicates with management about offered prices on products to obtain final approval for purchases.
- Keeps an eye on inventory and makes orders or puts a hold on automatic orders if on-hand supplies call for doing so.
- Uses a keen understanding of the industry to know which supplies are most important and where to look for reliable, reasonably priced suppliers.
- Works well under tight deadlines.
- Negotiates faster-than-usual delivery of needed items so the company’s operations go uninterrupted.
- Keeps a highly organised schedule.
- Constantly looks for ways to reduce the company’s expenses.
- Works well as a member of the team and communicates with team members about the progress on certain projects.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Highly organised.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Works well under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task.